Saturday, August 5, 2023

August 5, 2023. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Wendell Berry.

 I love to find new authors especially when the writers who are wonderful  Wendell Berry is not a young man but he is new to me.  And he is an excellent writer.  My friend Lisa gave me a book, "The Distant Land," which is a book of all his short stories.  I keep the book upstairs and every evening I dive into another story.  Mr. Berry is a poet and also a novelists along with short stories.  He is a wonderful writer and I am thoroughly enjoying his short stories.

I think he is a poet first because he selects his words carefully.   His stories are sparse and tight.  No extra words or actions.  I am enjoying this book.  My problem is actually with the small print.  But I am managing.  I am grateful to Lisa for introducing me to such a fine writer.  

No comments: