Tuesday, August 1, 2023

August 1, 2023. Western Head, Nova Scotia. New Restaurant.

A new restaurant is opening on Main Street in downtown Liverpool.  People are eagerly waiting.   Rumor has it that the county was difficult for the owners to obtain the permits.  But a chef has been hired and the interior is well under way.  My big question has to do with their choice of a restaurant.  It will be offering Japanese  food.   Now will the local people support Japanese food?  I wonder.

The German restaurant opened in 2016.  I thought for sure it wound not survive.  But it is doing very well.  So obviously, I am not an expert os what restaurants will survive.  But there are lots of people in this area who have retired in the area of German heritage.  There are almost no Japanese families here.  Perhaps it will only stay open during the summer season.  We will soon find out.  I for one will delighted to have a Japanese restaurant in town.   We need new blood in our dining options.  I am waiting to try it out.  

No comments: