Wednesday, August 16, 2023

August 16, 2023. Western Head, Nova Scotia. A Truck & 3 Ladies.

We were quite a sight.  Ruth R. was going to drive the truck.  But she can not get up into the truck without a stool.  So Doreen brings the stool to Ruth whoo climbs in.  Meanwhile I get into the small back seat.  I can not put my walker into the car so Doreen must lift my walker into the back of the truck before she retrieves the stool still sitting beside the drivers seat.  I close my back door while finally Doreen gets into the front seat and closes her door.  And we laugh.  What a sight we were.

When we were ready to get into the truck after lunch, one of the men working on the road came to help.  He made sure I did not fall when I was getting into the truck.  He carried the stool to Ruth to allow her to get in.  He put my walker and the stool in the truck.  And we were ready to drive home.  We did ask him if he might want to come home with us to help him out.  But he declined.

Maybe we will get more efficient but today was not easy.  Tomorrow we are planning to drive to Shelburne but we will all drive in Anna's car.  Only three can fit into my old truck.  

No comments: