Wednesday, January 2, 2013

January 1, 2013 Ridgeland MS New Year


Lots of things you read tell you that life will be difficult in 2013.    I read that the economy will be worse and the weather bad and that the common culture is falling apart.  The truth is that that information has been said before.   Perhaps every ten years or so the pessimists of the world seem to be in charge of the media and the press.  The Sky is Falling Syndrome is alive and well at the beginning of 2013.

Life does not change.  It has always been hard.  The third series of  Downton Abbey is coming to the TV in the US on Sunday.  Would life be better at that time period than now?   Probably not.  Definitely for me, I prefer our life now in 2013.  I would undoubtedly be a chamber maid and certainly would not be Lady Ruth.  Could you imagine me as Lady Ruth, with absolutely nothing to do except entertain the neighbors?  Or 1613, when I would be cooking and grinding meal.

In order to get a rainbow you must have both sunshine and rain.  So here we go into 2013 with our same energy and effort that got us here.  And of course, always trying to find the joy around every corner.    We can do it!!

No comments: