Thursday, January 24, 2013

January 24, 2013. Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico. Pet Peeves..

I hate going to the dentist and I am not sure why.   It is irritating that I must go to the dentist regularly, even though I don't like it.    Some time I will be so old that I will just declare a moratorium on visiting the dentist.   Perhaps that could be a year or do before I die.  But of course, as we generally do not know when we are likely to die, this could be a problem.   I have a suspicion that I don't like to go to the dentist because I am required to keep my mouth open and I can not talk the whole time.  Our dentist in Bethesda bought a house in Nova Scotia just along the shore from us so he became a friends as well as my dentist.  We would talk except my mouth was always open so could not talk.  It was a pet peeve of mine, to ask me a question with my mouth open and full of equipment.

My Bethesda dentist has now retired.  As of December 14 he is free as a breeze to play as much golf as he wishes to do.  I knew he would retire when I realized that the equipment in Mexico was more high tech than his equipment in Bethesda, but by then I had already moved from Chevy Chase so I only found out after the fact.  But I was peeved about that too.  I like the latest equipment to be used on my teeth.  The new cleaning tools are much easier and quicker so I am pleased about that.  Dentists generally do not really hurt you when they do their work, at least mine never did.  It is just the open mouth that is so irritating.  Fortunately, we only visit the dentist every so often, which is a good thing, so I will not be peeved for another year.  Hurrah!!

No comments: