Wednesday, January 16, 2013

January 16, 2013. Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico. Humble.

Doing something incredibly stupid does make me humble.  Funny how that happens.  I go along doing well, getting everything done and feeling incredibly confident, then  WHAM.   I are brought back to earth with a resounding bump, after I do something that was wacky.

I have never suffered from a lack of confidence.   How it happened I have no clue.  Neither am I vain.   I care little for how I look.  But throughout my life, I have done things that are so stupid that I always felt was designed to make me humble and bring me back to earth.    Over the years I have made two appointments at the same time.  Right in my book it was obvious but it was not obvious to me, until the last minute, and then it was too late.  Unfortunately, I have many examples.

Today was one of those times.  Our friends Don and Doreen are coming to visit.  Our calendar is right by the phone, giving their arrival.   I went downstairs at 4:45 to meet them.  But they did not come.  While I was waiting I chatted with folks from Portland and I enjoyed the conversation, but when their friends arrived, whose plane landed fifteen minutes after Don and Doreen, I knew something was the matter.  Ken set me straight on the phone.  They arrive tomorrow.  It says so right on the calendar.

I just laughed.  Here we go again.  Another little devil sent to make me humble...again.

No comments: