Tuesday, January 29, 2013

January 29, 2013. Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico. A Nap.

Nothing is better than a good nap in the middle of the afternoon.   It is one of the charms of being retired.

This morning, we did not have even breakfast food in our fridge, so we four ate breakfast at the Mexican restaurant in the mall.  We got there at 10:00 and enjoyed a large and delicious Mexican breakfast.  Ken and I then went to the market....finally.   Don and Doreen and staying for two weeks at the time share hotel as Suzanne is coming to visit us here in the condo.    When we got home and put away the small amount of groceries, I sat down to read, and discovered that by 1:00 my eyes were closing, so I decided to lie down for a nap.

Now this is a wonderful thing.  It is Tuesday, when everyone is at work, and I just lay down and fell fast asleep.  After about half an hour, I woke up to discover that Ken was napping too.  This an unusual thing for us,  so I just closed my eyes again and went back to sleep, wallowing in my decadence.   I was up reading by 2:30 while Ken appeared at 3:00.  Now we think it might be midnight before we fall asleep tonight, but that afternoon nap was delightful.

No comments: