Wednesday, January 23, 2013

January 23, 2013. Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico. The Dentist.

When we moved from Chevy Chase, everything changed.   We left not only our friends and our work associates but also our doctors and dentists.   Our first decision was to use Jackson, Mississippi  as the home for our doctors as Jackson is the Medical school of Mississippi and we also live right in the city.  Other places we live require a drive to the doctors as we live in remote areas.  We are now set with our doctors but we have done nothing about a dentist.

Last year in Nuevo Vallarta, we had our teeth cleaned at the dentist in the mall.  The office was clean and well appointed with  fancy new equipment so we were pleased with the teeth cleaning.  We did it again today.   Last week we made an appointment and today was the day.    The equipment is actually newer than my old dentist in Bethesda which I found interesting.  This year I brought our old x rays for the dentist to review.  But even though we are pleased to use this dentist and dental hygienists, I am not leaving my x ray films here.  I will keep them with me.

In my old life, I had my teeth cleaned every six months but we only come here once a year so perhaps I must chose a new dentist after all.  I think we will select one in Fredericksburg.  With all our doctors in Mississippi, we spend a lot of time visiting doctors when we are there.  I do not wish to add a dentist to that list too.   Being a vagabond is not easy!!

No comments: