Thursday, May 1, 2014

May 1, 2014. Ridgeland, Mississippi. Adversity.

Everybody in life experiences adversity. Everyone. It goes along with being human. All my life, my system has worked. I have put my head up high and gotten through the problems, trying to see the light at the end of the dark tunnel. And I have worked very hard. In addition, I have tried to see the world after the issues are resolved, always looking to see how life will be better. In addition, after Susan K's lesson, I have always tried to see some gold along the way, as I passed through the shadows of death. And I never felt sorry for myself, because it did not help. My system is not perfect but I have had several thoughts since Andrew died. There has been an out pouring of love and affection from relatives and friends far and near. Church friends of Andrew and Christina are still bringing dinner to Christina. And relatives and friends gathered together to celebrate Andrew's life. All these events brought comfort to Christina and the family. So these are the pieces of gold brought on by the death of Andrew. But I am having great difficulty in seeing how life will be better without Andrew. The only blessing I can think of is that Andrew will not get early dementia. But for the rest of it, I will miss him until my dying day.

No comments: