Friday, May 9, 2014

May 9, 2014. Artemas, Pa. A Dinner.

Tonight at dinner we celebrated. Tomorrow, Tim graduates from The University of West Virginia. Our host Gary, made a toast and a prayer, giving thanks for the love of friends and toasting the graduate.. Everyone at the table loved Andrew and we have known Tim his whole life, so part of the toast was the toast to long time friendships as well as the new friends Rita and Ian. Our dinner was festive, in addition to eating Diana’s delicious dinner. She is an excellent cook. Again I say, “Thank God for family and friends.” Rita and Ian arrived this afternoon from Ottawa. It is an eight hour drive but with stops for gas and a bit of shopping they arrived at 4:15 having left at 6:30. So they did well. Ken and Ian wept together as did Rita and I but since the initial greetings, we have been distracted and discussing other things, which is exactly what we need. As we are moving from the farm, I gave her one of my teapots. But I gave her a Christmas teapot and told her to drink a cup of Christmas tea and think of us. She insists on using the pot all year but we will see. Once again, my friends and family have lifted my spirits.

No comments: