Thursday, May 15, 2014

May 15, 2014 Artemas, PA Forward

Forward. We must look forward. Real problems arise that need attention and I must keep my eyes peeled forward. Last night, Rita had pain in her lower abdomen. The pain was severe so at 2:00, Rita, Ian and Wendy went to the hospital in Cumberland. Clever Wendy took her tablet and Rita took her cell phone so they were able to keep us up to date with the proceedings. Poor Rita was nauseated as well as in pain but once they started pain medication along with the saline drip, she was at least somewhat comfortable. The hospital folks were hoping the kidney stone would pass by itself, but it did not so tonight at 7:00, the stone was to be removed. I am awaiting a report. We suspect they will keep her overnight. Ian has been pleased with the hospital and the medical staff in Cumberland and he was very grateful that Wendy accompanied them to the hospital. She contacted the Ontario Insurance folks for permission to take each test and procedure.. I don’t know what would have happened without Wendy as Rita was in no shape to talk and Ian did not put on his hearing aid so could not have spoken on the phone. Real problems occurred and were getting resolved. Now I must keep my eyes focused on the present and the future and not dwell on the past. I know that but sometimes I forget.

1 comment:

Mostly Mosaics by Martha said...

Ruth, Ken, Ian, and Rita (and Wendy), my heart is aching. All so many issues. My prayers go to all of you. Try to feel my arms around each one of you. By now you will know how Rita is ...

Love and love,
Martha & Dale Banks