Sunday, May 18, 2014

May 18, 2014. Artemas, Pa. A Busy Productive Day.

The dryer is calling me. My last task of the day will be to empty the clean dry clothes from the machine. I loaded the dirty clothes in the washer at 6:45 and have been on the move ever since. Busy days are good days for me. The estate sale auctioneer, Mr. Clark, arrived at 7:00 along with his two young strong workers. Their plan was to bring furniture to the first floor, to get ready for the sale on June 7. He also emptied the kitchen cabinets. Now the first floor of the farm house is unusable but there is no furniture left on the second or third floor, except the two front bedrooms. By 11:00 they had gone. Joe offered to help me, so shortly after lunch, he loaded our truck, having driven up from the city. I was wanting to clear the goods driving with us to Jackson and Texas out of the house, to avoid the movers packing them. It seemed easier to just get it out of the house. I had already packed the back seat with stuff for Mississippi. Now all the small rugs are in the truck. Ian and Rita arrived home from Cumberland late this afternoon. After chatting with Joe, Rita rested on the coach while I prepared dinner, which was Zita and salad, all found in my refrigerator. It was a busy and a productive day. And now I must keep the dryer happy and stop it beeping at me. My work day is done.

No comments: