Tuesday, May 6, 2014

May 6, 2014. Artemas, Pa. A Friend Indeed.

I needed a friend and my friend came along, just in the nick of time. What a blessing she has given me. Today has been a difficult day for both Ken and me. The footsteps at the farm followed us to bed and neither of us could fall asleep. For the past few days, we have done well, but not last evening. And not today. We were missing the presence of Andrew. He loved the farm above any other place in the world and everywhere we looked we could see Andrew and we were sad. I also think we were feeling sorry for ourselves. After all, Andrew had not been at the farm since 2008, when they moved to Mississippi. We did what we always do, which was to work. Ken began the tedious task of sorting through file cabinets and I worked at the farm house, removing the pictures from the walls that we will put into storage and stacking the family pictures.. But whenever I sat still, I wept, until my friend Sara Lou e mailed asking to come and help. My immediate response was to say yes and the sooner the better. She is coming tomorrow. And she will bring chicken for lunch. Bless her heart. “Thank you God for my friends.”

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ruth, How wonderful that Sara Lou came to help you! Please know that she is like an emissary for so many of us who think of you very often, and don't feel quite close enough to intrude physically as you move through your motions of sorting, organizing, figuratively moving on as well as you can.

As always, you are a respected and cared-for teacher, as you were my Broker. I wish I could give you a very long, sustained hug. Thinking of you all each day, sending very warm feelings to all of you.