Sunday, May 11, 2014

May 11, 2014. Artemas, Pa. Mother's Day.

Happy Mother’s Day. Today is the day we honor all Mothers, at least in North America. I was taught by my Father to celebrate Mother’s Day every day, not just once a year. My own Mother died years ago but I still miss her. She had a large source of knowledge stored in her head, especially the derivations of words, which is stiff difficult for me to replicate. Every so often I am irritated when I can‘t check with my Mother about the use of a specific word. I still feel fortunate to be born to such a mother as mine. And I am grateful to be a Mother myself, despite the travails of the past few weeks. The journey has been grand, despite the bumps on the road. To top our day off, we six ate ice cream sitting at our own creamery outside the Road Kill Cafe. No Mother's Day could possibly be better than that.

No comments: