Thursday, May 8, 2014

May 8, 2014. Artemas, Pa. Babysitters.

I do not recall ever needing a babysitter. .….until now. But it worked. Yesterday my friend spent the day helping me. Today two other Bethesda friends came to spend the day at the farm. They arrived at 11:00 and we chatted, then they helped me with chores. These tasks I could have done myself, but today and yesterday I needed a babysitter. The Road Kill Café has a new owner so we ate lunch there to check it out. The new improvements are obvious and tasteful, but the best part is that the food still is cheap. When we returned to the farm, we four sat on the screen porch and talked. And we drank tea and talked about everything in the world, including Andrew. I only cried once. It is absolutely true that I sent out a request for friends to come to help. Immediately, my friends came to help, and they did help. Both Ken and I enjoyed their company for the two consecutive days. I appreciated their presence but I did laugh to myself tonight that I basically requested a babysitter for myself for these two days. And it worked. It is a new experience for me to be in need. It certainly should keep me humble.

No comments: