Saturday, May 17, 2014

May 17, 2014. Artemas, Pa. Modern World.

Modern communications are wonderful. With a push of a button I hear that Wendy and her girls have arrived at their cottage on Lake Joseph. And I write a brief report of my daily events that quickly is sent to friends and relatives. It truly is a wonderful set of communication technology, except when it does not work. At the farm, we are using a MiFi, which is an amazing technology that takes the cell signal and connects to the Internet. It is not working so we have been forced to visit the Road Kill Café to use their WiFi. At the moment, I am not even able to pick up e mails on my iPhone. When the systems are working, I am a happy camper but when it does not work, my life gets more difficult. The Internet is wonderful but a vast network must be working in order to make the system run properly. It is called the modern world.

No comments: