Sunday, May 1, 2016

May 1, 2016. Madison, Mississippi. Carol's Birthday.

Today was my sister's birthday.  She would have been 81 today.  But she died when she was 77.  Even though she looked and acted perfectly healthy, she suddenly died.  I think about her often, such as every time I see all our quilts.  We have many quilts, made by the Mennonites who live near Carol and Ken in Williamsford, Ontario.  They were friends and we bought quilts, thanks to Carol.

Carol could make anything and she could make it quickly.  She would make 4 pies before she left for work.  And she was a whiz with the sewing machine.  Her hands worked well and always did.   I on the other hand,  was useless at making anything.  As she got older, her hands hurt whereas my hands still do not give me trouble.  They are still just as useless though.   Carol was an energetic, generous sister, and I still miss her presence in my life.  Every so often I wish I could call her to chat or rather listen to what she has to say.  But I have no direct connection to heaven so I must rely on my happy memories.  And I will celebrate Carol's birthday every May the 1st.

No comments: