Saturday, May 7, 2016

May 7, 2016. Madison, Mississippi. Making The Bed.

My Mother drank a glass of orange juice every morning.  Many mornings I heard her say that she did not enjoy drinking orange juice but was told that it was good for her so she dutifully drank her orange juice every morning.   I am the same with making our bed.    It is difficult for me to make the bed by myself but for some reason, I have decided that it is good for me to make the bed myself.    I have folks who would be happy to help me.  Christina is always willing to just make the bed herself and has done so on many occasions.  Elizabeth, who cleans the house will help as would Lourdes, who cooks once a week.   But I have decided that I can do it myself, just like every other 2 year old.

When I was really weak and feeble, I would make the bed in stages.  First put on the bottom sheet and take a rest.  Next put on the pillow cases followed by the top sheet.  After taking another rest I would finally put on the blanket and quilt.  Then I would wonder why I did not ask for help.

These days, I just bull right through and make the whole bed from beginning to end.  I even refuse help from Ken because I have convinced myself that it is good for me to make the bed all by myself.  The exercise is good.  But I have no intention of drinking a glass of orange juice every morning even if my Mother did say it was good for me.  I have my limits.

No comments: