Sunday, May 15, 2016

May 15, 2016. Madison, Mississippi. Remote Control.

Now we are really fancy.   Our new fountain can be turned on via a remote control from inside the house.  Ken ordered one on the internet.   And the lights in the fountain turn on automatically at dusk and turn off after 4 hours.  So now our fountain looks perfect in the space, but also is easy to use.

Ken is very good at using technology to make life easier which he has done with the fountain.  I did not think we needed a remote for the fountain as the plug is right outside the door but Ken ignored my advice and now it is all set up.  The remote sits right beside the little box that tells us the temperatures inside and outside the house, something else that I said was unnecessary.  Now that it is up and running, I consult the guide all the time to decide what to wear when going outside.  Of course, I could do the same by opening the door but it is easier to just read the little box.

Ken bought us a radio that sits on the bar in the living room.  It is so fancy I can not use it at all.  Ken can turn the radio on via his iPad and he can stream music from his computer  or from satellite radio or FM.   He can turn on the radio from his bed and we listen to Salvation Army band music before we even get out of bed.  His tastes are eclectic  so we hear symphonies, Patsy Kline, Johnny Cash and the King Singers, and everyone between.  Somehow or other, the music shuttles from one album to another which is fun.   I benefit from Ken's interest in technology even though I usually say we do not need it.  Most of the time, Ken does not ask me which is a good thing because after I get used to the object, I usually use them.  Hurrah for remote control.  If we forget to turn off the music, Ken can turn the radio off from bed.  These remote controls are a blessing.

No comments: