Thursday, May 19, 2016

May 19, 2016. Madison, Mississippi. The Dermatologist.

Poor Ken has that bad skin, the skin that burns easily and where you end up with skin cancers,  so he must visit the Dermatologist every 6 months.  Every visit seems to be the same.  He is places scraped or cut or burned and he always has more than one spots sent for biopsy.  Today was the day.  We are always careful to have an early appointment as the Dermatologist gets backed up so the patients must wait.  We fool her.  We try to get the first or the second appointment so we have no waiting.

Ken and I were sitting outside this afternoon and he commented that all those procedures make you feel miserable.  And I agreed even though I have only experienced it once.  I do not have that bad skin so the Dermatologists are not much interested in me.  But I had several spots burned off and I did not like it a bit.  Poor Ken must have things done every six months.  Many times the biopsy is positive for cancers of one type or another which requires further surgery.  But that is what comes with the blue eyes and the thin skin.  We just made his next appointment for next November.  He hopes he has no more procedures until then.  Enough is enough.

No comments: