Tuesday, May 17, 2016

May 17, 2016. Madison, Mississippi. My Neighborhood.

My neighborhood has many attributes.   When I walk, I never have to worry about dogs running loose on the street.  All animals, both cats and dogs, must be on a lease if outside the house or in the back yard.   The interesting thing is the cats.  We often see two different cats roaming around the neighbors back yard but the owners are away 6 months at a time and Ken and I think the cats live at the Yacht Club, which is just across the street.  So much for cats and leashes.

When I walk I almost never see cars driving down the street, even at rush hour.  Many people are retired and are home most of the time so I do not fight the traffic.  Most homes are well looked after too and it appears that everyone has a company maintaining the yards as every property is neat and tidy.  A few homes have taken special efforts with the flowers so a few homes have beautiful yards for me to look at when I walk.

Each home is different so I get to evaluate each exterior of the homes I walk past.  I like that too.  The subdivision was built to look like a European neighborhood.  The homes are close together with lanes behind the streets for garages.   No large lawns in this neighborhood.  We like this neighborhood even though we know almost no one.  It is certainly the most unusual place we have ever lived but it works for us at this time of our life.  We feel safe and sound which is a good thing.

No comments: