Thursday, May 5, 2016

May 5, 2016. Madison, Mississippi. Unexpected Pleasures.

At 6:00 tonight the doorbell rang.  I was expecting no one.  And I was wearing my night shirt and dressing gown.  Late this afternoon, Ken and I took turns soaking in our big tub with the fancy new .electric chair.  We were so relaxed and comfortable that we put on our night gowns.  And then the doorbell rang.

An older man introduced himself as the glass man, someone we have been waiting for but never seemed to appear.  I knew that he was here to install the glass on our top deck, something we ordered before we went to Mexico.  And here he was right in front of my eyes.  I could have hugged his neck, I was so pleased.  He brought two young men who actually carried and installed the glass while I sat in my comfortable chair and watched the action, all wearing my dressing gown.  Everything fit perfectly so now our deck is safe.

When we first moved into the house, Ken noticed that the deck railings were too short.    We asked Chantes to raise them to 42 inches but the the three sections overlooking the lake have glass installed.  As we had no furniture and were always standing looking at the lake, we decided to only have glass at the top.  Since we now can sit on the deck, we have wondered why we were so cheap and did not put glass all the way to the deck.  Too late.

The new glass looks great and does exactly what we intended.   This ringing of the bell at 6:00 was certainly unexpected but brought us great pleasure.

No comments: