Monday, May 16, 2016

May 16, 2016. Madison, Mississippi. Walking.

Everyone knows that walking is good for you.  Fortunately, I have been walking all my life.   Ken only enjoys walking if he is going somewhere and seeing something.  He does not enjoy walking on the same path day after day.  If he is getting exercise, he likes to be doing work around the house or yard, not walking on the same old street.  What that means is that most of the time he does not go on walks with me.  My problem is that I like to walk with someone.

I don't know why I like to walk with a friend and I am not sure when I got this way but I really do prefer to walk with a friend.  Perhaps I am anxious when I walk alone.  Actually I walk without a walker and I lurch all over the road so maybe I need someone along to help.  On the days when I forget  my cell phone I actually feel anxious when I walk by myself.  All I know is that I am like the horse returning to the stable.  When I see our house when returning for my walk I start to walk a little faster.  Perhaps my attitude comes from all the time I spent at home over the past 18 months.  I became comfortable there.  Now when I go out by myself walking in the neighborhood I really just want to stay at home in my little nest.   My attitude surprises me.  But it does not stop me walking by myself in the neighborhood, because I know walking is good for me even though I am forced to walk by myself.

No comments: