Saturday, February 11, 2017

February 11, 2017. Playa Royale, Mexico. The Pool.

For the first time this season, I went to  the swimming pool at Playa Royale.   Ted did not even recognize me, he was so unused to seeing me there.  It is a lovely place to sit.  The weather is perfect and the foliage beautiful.  The chairs and lounges are comfortable so I am not sure it took me so long to get there.  Don and Doreen went down mid morning.  After lunch Doreen and I enjoyed the rest of the afternoon sitting by the pool.

I swam and used the hot tub.  And I sat in the shade.  The people sitting beside us were quiet.  The man was napping and the lady was doing  hand work.  But they were not interested in talking with us, which is unusual.  Most folks are chatty and friendly.  When the lady stood up, I asked her where they were from and we spent the next thirty minutes talking.  They are from Iowa and they are farmers.  They farm a 650 acre piece of land where they raise corn and beans.  For years they ran a dairy farm but 15 years ago they got rid of the dairy cattle and now raise crops.  The only help they have is a temporary part time worker.  Unfortunately the price for corn and beans is down so farmers are hurting.  Fortunately she was raised on a farm so she knows all about farming and working.  I enjoyed talking with them.  Now I will head down there tomorrow too.  I liked it by the pool and I especially enjoyed talking with the farmers from Iowa.

No comments: