Wednesday, February 1, 2017

February 1, 2017. Playa Royale, Mexico. The Dentist.

We use the dentist here in Nuevo Vallarta.  Every year we have our teeth cleaned.  This year, Ken had four fillings repaired.   Our dentist keeps her office in the Mall so it is easy for us.  We just walk.   People tell us they use a dentist in Bucerias because it is cheaper but you must take a taxi to get there which is a nuisance.   Last year Rita and Ian had their teeth cleaned too.  The cost is less that half the cost age home.  The dentists are well trained and high tech.  My teeth were cleaned with an ultra sound, so no scraping.  Ken and I made an appointment last week.  We both arrived together and were treated at the same time.   Our treatment was done competently and pleasantly.    We were happy to have had it done.

But I do not enjoy going to the dentist.  The ultra sound works with a fine stream of water onto your tooth.  A suction is also in your mouth which helps, but I do not like it.  The only good part of the procedure is when the peppermint cleanser hits my gums.  Then I know that I am heading for home and that soon I can get out of that dentist chair.

Today when I was sitting in the chair with my mouth wide open,  I made a plan.  When I know that I am near the end of my life, I am no longer having my teeth cleaned.  I will boycott dentists.  Just thinking about it made me feel better.  Now the trick will be figure out the time period.  In the meantime, I go to the dentist.  But  I will not enjoy it.

No comments: