Saturday, February 4, 2017

February 4, 2017. Playa Royale, Mexico. Sunsets.

Every evening folks come out to their balcony and watch the sunset.   We have been doing it for years because every sunset is different and beautiful.  This past week has been different because each evening sounds like a party.  Our five  buildings are set like a horseshoe so I can see the balconies of three of the buildings and the side balconies of two.  I always look to see how many people are sitting watching the sunset.  But this week I have been able to hear the talking.   Tonight I heard at least two fathers calling the children  to come to the balcony.   There is constant chatter from every direction.  Normally I hear nothing except the clinking of glasses.

The sunset is spectacular with the big orange ball dropping down over the horizon of the ocean.  Every night this week, I heard clapping and cheering when the sun had set.  It was not coming from only one balcony.  I heard it from every building.  Parties had  broken out in our complex.  Ken and I and our guests usually stay quiet as the sun is setting, as a reminder of  the  wonder of the sun and the earth.  But it is fun when every evening a party  breaks out within our hearing.  And I have no idea why.

No comments: