Thursday, February 9, 2017

February 9, 2017. Playa Royale, Mexico. Friends.

We have been fine living by ourselves  in Mexico.  Our time was spent reading, walking, using the computer and iPads and eating.  And when my eyes got tired I watched TV.  Now our friends Don and Doreen have arrived and life takes on a brighter hue.   We have been talking non stop.   Ken ordered me to stop talking because I start coughing when I talk a lot.  But I ignored him because we had a lot of ground to cover.  We had not seen them since last year in Mexico.

I have known Don since I was 15 when our family joined the Danforth Corps of The Salvation Army.  As I will be 80 this year, that makes us friends for 65 years.  Both Ken and Doreen came on the scene  2 years later so we all have been friends for a very long time.  Having friends of long standing is a great blessing.  They knew our parents and we knew their parents.  And we share a lot of friends.  We are delighted to have them visit us in Mexico.   We did fine by ourselves here in Mexico but it is more fun when friends arrive.

No comments: