Tuesday, February 21, 2017

February 21, 2017. Playa Royale, Mexico. The Pool.

Wow.  I spent four hours at the pool this afternoon.   I have not been inclined to sit by the pool this season and I do not know why, but the weather today was perfect with the sky blue and the sun strong so I went down right after lunch.  Of course, Don and Doreen were already there but sitting in the sun.  I always sit in the shade in a regular chair, not a lounger.

First I did my exercises in the deep end.   My drill never changes.  I get into the pool at the shallow end because they have a railing.  From then on, I never touch the bottom, but swim to the deep end with all sorts of different strokes.  I do the  same exercises I do on dry land with weights, except I double the numbers because I have no weights.  I do all my exercises without touching the bottom, which is not so easy.  To do my drill takes about 20  minutes.

Next on my agenda is the hot tub, which is kept at 103.  Good conversations are held in the hot tub.  Cathy and Ted came along with four friends, so I chatted with them.  One friend spends 2 months in Winnipeg and 10 months in her new condo in Panama.  Everyone you talk to are from some place else which makes for interesting conversations.

Next up was another session in the pool and hot tub.  The pool water is kept at 85 degrees so it is pleasant to enter.  After another conversation with the group, I realized it was almost 6:00 so I headed to our condo.  I enjoyed my 4 hours at the pool this afternoon.  I bet I sleep well tonight.

No comments: