Thursday, April 13, 2017

April 13, 2017. Madison, Mississippi. Playoffs.

I love playoffs.  There is something about the building to the championship that appeals to me.  And I enjoy the extra effort shown by the players.  Last evening, the hockey playoff season started.  I know who I want to win.

I have no faith in the Capitals to win the cup or to even get into the final.  In the past, they fold in the second round.  Tonight when their game started against the Maple Leafs, the Caps. were quickly down two goals.  The game is now tied.

Through the season, I have enjoyed watching the Chicago team.  They skate fast and play hard but they are now down one goal to the Nashville Predators, a team that always surprises us.  I predict that Chicago will win in the west, eventually.

Last year, the Pittsburgh team won the Stanley Cup.  They are a fine team but have been beset by injuries.  I still think they will beat the Capitals again and will go on to play for the championship.  I predict Chicago will win the Cup.

I would love to see the Washington Capitals go on to win this year.  They have an excellent team.  During the season, they play fast and they have fun, but in the playoffs they look like stilts trying to skate.  They try too hard and get tight.  I have no faith they will win.

Last year, no Canadian team got into the playoffs.  This year, 5 made it.  But three Canadian teams lost last evening so it may be a short lived playoff season.  When I went to bed last night, Edmonton was ahead 2 goals but I saw today they lost by one goal to SJ.They were a team that just might be able to get beyond the first round but maybe not.  I will enjoy keeping track of the series even though I will not watch whole games.    Too much sitting.  I love those playoffs.


No comments: