Wednesday, April 26, 2017

April 26, 2017. Madison, Mississippi. Storms.

A loud noise comes over the television, followed by a man telling us a storm is predicted in our area.  A severe storm they say.  Even though we are watching the Predators hockey game, they take over every channel.  And they text information to you too.  We are instructed to go to the weather channel to keep track of the progress of the storm.  And when the storm is approaching our area, we are told to go to the lowest part of the house and stay in the center of the building.

On Saturday while I was at the play, a storm came through our area.  Ken had stayed home but he reported very little rain and not a lot of lightning.  When I came into the house he told me that the power was out.  The energy company sends us text messages telling what happened and saying the estimated time for restoration.  The system is pleasant and does not leave us guessing about when we will get out of the dark.  When the lights came on, I went to turn on the hockey game but our upstairs set would not work so we went to the lower lever TV which was working fine.

On Sunday, Ken did everything he could think of to get the TV to work, but no luck so I called AT&T.  They remotely checked our system and finally decided that our box was fried.  They would sent us a new box on Tuesday.  Our instructions were to return the old one by taking it to UPS who would sent it back.   Today we did as we were told.  I was in the UPS store for one minute.  The young man gave me the tracking number and he did the rest at no charge to me.  The whole process was efficient.   Now I hope this new storm does not interfere with our systems this time.  Ken did not even notice the storm was severe on Saturday.  This time it is supposed to be a big one.  I can already hear the wind.  So here we go.

No comments: