Friday, April 21, 2017

April 21, 2017. Madison, Mississippi. Planning.

Our flights to San Antonio have been done, as has our trip to Nova Scotia.   And I arranged a rental car in San Antonio.  I have been doing good work the past few days.  Now I must contact Mr. Gaskell, the driver of the shuttle,  to pick us up at the airport.   I must also get in touch with Steven, the mechanic, to pick up the truck and make sure it is running properly.

While we are here,  Ken and I have invited our friends on a boat trip on the Reservoir.  A big boat can be rented and we have selected lunch on Saturday May 20.  I have ordered box lunches which Christina will pick up.  In addition, we have decided to have our pre Christmas party at the Yacht Club just down the road.  I have reserved the board room and the veranda and paid a deposit.  When we return in November I will decide on the food.  I always select the date as close to my birthday as possible but I never tell people it is my birthday.  This year,  being as I will turn 80, I might admit it and invite people to my 80th birthday party.  Worth celebrating.

I have been rolling along,  getting all our ducks in a row.  Nice to have everything in place.  Now we have several weeks in our lovely home to relax and enjoy ourselves.  Having all the planning behind you is always a good thing.

No comments: