Sunday, April 2, 2017

April 2, 2017. Madison, Mississippi. Technology.

Modern technology is wonderful, except when something doesn't work.   Then we wonder how we ever functioned before the item first landed in our lap.  The fact that is interesting to me is what a short amount of time these items have become indispensable.   Take texting for instance.  For years we talked on the phone connected to the wall.  Then we got car phones, which soon became cell phones.  And we talked on our cell phones all the time.  Next up was texting.  Now the young folks seldom talk on the phone but they text all day long.    Not being able to text to a friend is irritating.

I am thinking about technology because my iPad died.  I have ordered a new one which will be delivered tomorrow.  Then I must go to the Apple store to get it set up, which is not easy because Ken must drive.  I was foolish.   Before my iPad died I should have ordered a new one.  My iPad was not working totally properly but I was never sure it was the operator, not the machine.  But now the five year old machine will not turn on, which is irritating.

 I can read my e mails on my phone or computer, but neither pleases me, so I want my new fancy iPad which is faster and brighter and where I can sit in my comfortable couch to read and respond in comfort.   And I am opening my own account.  In order to facilitate the paying of the bill, we have had only one bill which is payed by Ken.  But for some reason, all my ordered books became co-mingled with Ken's books so most of the time I can not even find my down loaded books.  This time I will have my own account where our books can not possibly get mixed together.  In the future, when my iPad begins to act up, I am going to just order another one immediately.  Living without my iPad for even a week is just too difficult for this old lady.   I need modern technology!!

No comments: