Sunday, April 16, 2017

April 16, 2017. Madison, Mississippi. An Easter Feast.

The setting was perfect.   The Creath family along Ken and I and another friend Sue enjoyed our Easter dinner sitting on the large back porch overlooking the yard and pool.  The temperature at 78 made us comfortable and there were no bugs.  The back yard was at Linda's home.    She wanted us all to gather at her home for Easter, but son Nelson and daughter Christina felt it was too much work so they convinced her to have us dine casually, which we did.   We used paper products which made it easier for everyone.

The food was unusual and delicious.    I am used to eating lamb for Easter but dining outdoors using paper plates made that impossible.  We ate a chicken pasta caesar salad, made by Katey and a large tossed salad prepared by Linda.   Along with hot bread our dinner eaten at 1:30 was delightful and unusual.

For dessert we ate chocolate cake and ice cream, eaten sitting around the breakfast table.  I was not aware but this meal was also a birthday celebration for both Nelson and Christina.  We sang and they opened presents from Linda.

I am a scrooge with Easter gifts and bunnies so I took no gifts for anyone, which was a mistake.  Ken and I left with a large fancy chocolate egg from Katey and a chocolate cross from Linda, presented in a pretty bag.  Once again, I was an uncouth Canadian.  Next year I will do better.  Our Easter feast was delicious and different, which always pleases us.  Hats off to Linda.

No comments: