Tuesday, April 4, 2017

April 4, 2017. Madison, Mississippi. Where Can It Be?

Both Ken and I remember buying a bottle of stuff when we bought the fountain.  The instructions from the owner was to use it on a regular basis.  Of course, we forgot.    When we arrived here from Mexico, Ken noticed algae in the fountain so he looked on line to order a bottle,  but fortunately, he remembered.  We talked and both agreed.  We bought a bottle and it must still be in the house.

Ken looked in all the reasonable places.  Then he searched in the ridiculous places but no avail.  He could not find that bottle.  We have several drawers and cabinets that are empty so he searched again but this time in every empty drawers and cabinets along with everyplace else.  And I looked.  I looked in the places I felt sure we would have put that stupid bottle but my best efforts were in vain.  I could not find that bottle.  Ken was ready to give up and order another bottle, which was not such a big deal as the cost of a new bottle came to $12.  He decided to wait another day.

In the middle of the night, Ken came to the kitchen to clean out his ears with warm vinegar.  He keeps his stuff beside the sink.  He turned on the lights right over the sink.  They are bright and we seldom turn on those lights.   In plain sight, on the counter beside the coffee maker was the lost bottle.   All along, our lost bottle was in plain view.  We remembered the conversation about where we should put that bottle so we would remember but neither of us recalled putting the bottle beside the door to the garage.   Ken had searched the garage and workshop.  We think what happened was that Ken intended to keep the bottle in his workshop and put it by the back door but it never moved.  Now we are keeping it there for the next time.    It is a marvel to me how we actually saw that bottle every day but we never saw it.    It was hiding in plain view.

1 comment:

Mostly Mosaics by Martha said...

I am reading your blogs again. I was tickled at how you "lose" things! At our house (and as my children grew up) we always say, "If it was a snake, it would have bittennyou!" Obviously, that has never happened.

Unfortunately, as I age -- seems like more things are hiding in plain site!

Although I am doing most things reccomended by the Drs and the PTs - the pain in my lower back and right thigh continue to slow me dow - drat! Simce I got my new right hip replace in early October (I am almost a "bionic" person with two knees and a hip replaceed!) There is no more pain in the hip! Enough of the "organ recitsl."

My teaching art at thr small Catholic Elementary school continues. I have the most wonderful volunteers! With one of them, I share my salary (rather not a very large amount!) - and she is there all the time. Her grandwhildren go to this school. My, burt we all have such a good time. We all are willing to try many things - and I always stress that this is ART class! So they get a lot of theory and ideas about that. The kiddos just crack me up - we often have a hard time not giggling or laughting out loud!

I have also continued my own art work with glass mosaucs. I have been one of 9 local artists asked to contribute to a fund raising auction for the Buchanan Art Center (town about 5 miles to the west of Niles). We were asked to decorate a table! The table I was given is 3' by 3'. The top was covered with linoleum and weighted umpteen pounds. Dale took the table apart, replaced the top with plywood and put a rim on the edge, painted the entire table a gloss white. Then I designed the picture on top - three women's heads, each a different skin color and each with long colored hair sweeping to the opposite edge of the table (black, yellow, and red hair). I then grouted the table (Not my favorite part of mosaics!. And when that was totally dry, I put a clear resin coat on the top. It is great fun. If I have get a picture - I will sent it to you.

Here it is Sunday morning - the rain seems to have stopped for a day or so -- will stumble out and do some weeding. Dale will pick up sticks (I told him I would rather not play that game!),

Think of you often and that marvelous time at your home on Nova Scotia! Are you going back this summer?

Love, as always, Martha

p.s. I discovered that John Ramsay MY heart was saddened - died a few years ago. Although my heart was saddened.