Thursday, April 27, 2017

April 27, 2017. Madison, Mississippi. Hockey.

Everything you could ever want in a round of hockey playoffs occurred.  The games were competitive, in fact 18 games ended playing an overtime, a record for the league.  And some of our favorites won their series.  Washington beat Toronto.  Edmonton beat San Jose.  Ottawa won as did Pittsburgh.  But the most surprising win was the sweep of the Chicago team by the Nashville Predators.  No one predicted that.  In fact, I picked Chicago to win the cup.

Now the second round has begun.  Last evening the Predators beat St. Louis, and Edmonton beat the Sharks.  But tonight I have a problem.  Because we have been going to the farm since 1973, we cheer for the Pittsburgh teams.  In football we always cheer for the Steelers and the same in hockey.  We cheer for the Pittsburgh Penguins.  The are a fast team, plus they have Sidney Crosby who comes from Cole Harbour, just outside Halifax.  So we like to watch them win.

But now Pittsburgh is playing Washington.  For 40 years, we have cheered for the Caps as we lived just outside DC.  So who should I root for in this series?  I have a problem.  Our closest team is the Nashville Predators so we certainly will cheer for them  Poor Washington has been so pathetic in playoffs that I would kind of like to see them win this series.  But I love to watch the Penguins play.  I think I will be neutral and just watch their games.  But I will cheer hard for the Predators.  They are our team now!!

2 comments:

Mostly Mosaics by Martha said...

You are an inspiration - I have started a blog!
MustlyMusingsbyMartha.blogstop.com

Rambling with Ruth said...

Well done Martha. And keep going. Ruth.