Saturday, April 29, 2017

April 29, 2017. Madison, Mississippi. Carol E.

Carol E. was working for Chevy Chase Savings and Loan, in the department that helped people who were having difficulties with the bank.  Adrea was an agent in the office.  She came to tell me that I needed to talk to this lady who helped her solve her problem.  Andrea was an excellent agent because her attention to detail was just what a manager wanted, but she knew that she was not easy to deal with so when she told me how helpful Carol was in helping, I knew I needed to talk with her.  Adrea even asked if she was interested in changing jobs.

As was my custom, I interviewed her even though I had no job.  Carol was energetic and enthusiastic in the interview.  I liked her.   She moved with her 4 children and her husband to Maryland from the islands so the children could attend better schools and more opportunities.  Soon I have an opening so  she came to work with us.   She is still working there now.  Her spunk and enthusiasm has always been  enormous and helpful to the office as is her attention to detail.

Once upon a time, Carol E was at the doctor for a check up.  He told her she had high blood pressure and cholesterol and needed medication.  She asked if there was another way and was told that if she exercised and lost 20 pounds she might get her numbers looking better.  So she did.  She started running and running and running.  She has run many marathons.  It is her attitude that was always the key.  When things went wrong in her life which they did,  she just buckled down and plowed along, smiling all the way.   She is a good lady and a pleasure to work with for all those years.  And she is still at it today.  Hats off to Carol E.

No comments: