Wednesday, April 18, 2018

April 18, 2018. Madison, Mississippi. Chocolate.

Ken is a chocoholic. If there is chocolate in the house, he will eat it, but not all at once. He limits himself to one chocolate bar at a time. Every day he will ask if we have any chocolate. If I say no, he is not pleased. He is also strong enough to order from Amazon so most days the truck brings boxes of goodies ordered by Ken. Some things we need and somethings Ken just wants, whether we need them or not. Late this afternoon, 6 boxes arrived so after dinner, Bettye our night helper assisted me with bringing the boxes to the bar to be opened. As I have no idea what had been ordered, it felt like Christmas. Bettye had never seen so much chocolate at one time. We found 8 large bags of individually wrapped chocolate plus 2 boxes of Hershey bars and 3 containers of dark chocolate bark. In addition we have two large bags of Hershey mini bars. We have enough chocolate to last a year or more. Betty had such fun opening the box that I got in the spirit too. Next I put the chocolate in the pantry in a place where I will remember but do not see every time. With chocolate, I am a purist. I only eat dark chocolate. Ken prefers milk chocolate but will eat dark if nothing else is available, so the bulk of the chocolate will be consumed by Ken. As he is still very thin, the chocolate will be good for him. But the most important thing is that he will enjoy every bite.

No comments: