Thursday, April 19, 2018

April 19, 2018. Madison, Mississippi. Florence King.

Over the years I had read articles written by Florence King, but until now, I had not written any books...until now. I am roaring to read her ridiculous upbringing which all took place in the District of Columbia. The book I am reading is "Confessions of a Failed Southern Lady", published in 1985. At some point, I read a review and put the book on a list. Now that I am living in the South, I am reading and rereading souther writers and southern books. Ken ordered the book for me just a couple of weeks ago. It was a good choice. Reading the prologue is worth the price of the book. Over the years, our friends W. and C. have regaled us with stories about their ancestors. Southern culture is more tolerant with eccentric behavior than Canadians. Certainly no ancestors I knew could be the center of a long funny story but in the south, it seems that there are many. This book is no exception. These folks were not really normal. But they were funny. And I am enjoying the book, "Confessions Of A Failed Southern Lady."

No comments: