Monday, April 23, 2018

April 23, 2018. Madison, Mississippi. Hockey Games.

Some nights you just get lucky. First Toronto won their game, thus leaving game seven to win the series. Then Washington won their game ending the season for the Blue Jackets and sending them home. Both Ken and I thought the Caps were done when they lost their first two games, but they have won their round and now will once again play Pittsburgh in the second round. Antigues Roadshow was on tonight so I went downstairs to watch, leaving Bettye to sit with Ken who wanted to see the games and not watch Antiques Roadshow. The helpers leave Ken alone when I am with him but they always keep him company if he is alone. Bettye knows nothing about hockey. In fact she has never watched a game before tonight. We have encouraged her to bring a chair and join us to watch a game with us but she always refuses. But tonight she sat with Ken for almost 2 hours. When I came back up and asked her about the game, she said that she enjoyed it but she had trouble following the ball. I just laughed and I agreed. Clausen had said the same thing about not being able to follow the puck. Clearly Ken did not teach Bettye the fine points of the game such as the puck. Ken has finally bought Ear Buds, those fancy things where you can hear the sound in earphones directly into your ear and at the sound level of your choice. They are a great blessing. Tonight was the first time he used them. The problem is that conversation is difficult, which may be why Betty had trouble following the ball. Ken may have never used the term puck because he was in his own world. I watched the best parts of both games...just at the end. Both games are satisfying. I go to sleep smiling because my teams won.

No comments: