Friday, April 20, 2018

April 20, 2018. Madison, Mississippi. TV Room.

When we moved into this home, we set the TV room up exactly the same as the former owner with the two chairs with your back to the water. The small room is adjacent to our bedroom and is all glass. We knew that we were foolish to put our backs to the good view but the cable is on the opposite side so we kept it that way. Ken and I have discussed buying swivel chairs but did nothing about it until Ken decided he needed a recliner. With no discussion, he ordered one on line. It will be delivered on Tuesday. That meant we were forced to change the seating. At first I was not pleased but we figured out a new placing of the TV and the chairs, so I was happy. Ken ordered a new TV stand which came yesterday. Ken was unable to assemble it himself so I called Chantes who came today to complete three tasks for us. One was to install 4 new hand holds in our bathroom. Second was to adjust the brakes on the walker and third was to put together the new TV stand. Chantes went to Lowes to buy the hand holds. And son Michael came to do the work. I moved the furniture myself, which turned out to be easy, so while Michael came into the room with the stand, I was already sitting in my chair in the new place. Our room arrangement is better. The tables fit with a bit of changes. Now nothing gets in the way of the view and Ken can look at the reservoir and the boats. After the recliner is in place, we will buy me a new chair with a swivel so I will be able to not only watch TV but also turn to see the water and the birds. The chair Ken is now using will be placed in the corner of our bedroom. This has been a job well done. Tonight we watched the hockey game in our new spots. And we are both pleased.

No comments: