Wednesday, April 25, 2018

April 25, 2018. Madison, Mississippi. The Chair.

In Mexico, Ken enjoyed massages to his legs and back, given to him by the nurses just before he went to sleep each night. He misses them. When he was searching on line for a new recliner for our TV room, he spotted a recliner that also gives a massage, so without consulting me, he ordered one. I was irritated because he did not measure the space with the dimensions of the chair. And he had never experienced these mechanical massages. The chairs you sit in to have a pedicure all have these massage features and they are all uncomfortable. I assumed this new chair would be the same. Ken was adamant. "The chair will be great for my legs", said Ken. Th chair arrived yesterday morning. Two huge boxes were delivered inside our front door. It was up to us to hire someone to put it in place. Fortunately one of the young men who delivered the chair agreed to come after work to set it up. And he did. When I came home from next door Ken was sitting in the chair putting it through it's paces. I was horrified because the chair was huge, big and ugly. The space in the small TV room is dominated by this humongous black chair. To make things worse, Ken has trouble getting in and out of the chair. Emma, our night helper asked me how I like it. "I hate it,"said I. Ken thought I as being negative. By morning, Ken suggested we ask our mover to take it down stairs in the space adjacent to his office. We already have one recliner in that space, which is identical to our TV room, but one floor below. He said that the massage part was fine but the chair was not very comfortable for watching TV. John is coming on Friday afternoon to move the huge ugly chair downstairs where we will now have two recliners overlooking the reservoir. Christina was taking me on errands this morning so we went to our favorite furniture store, Miskelly, and purchased a traditional recliner that is not hugs but gives a boost to get up. It is leather and easy to get in and out. Our new recliner will be delivered on Saturday. We are calling the space downstairs "The Massage Parlor". I no longer need to look at that big ugly expensive black chair. All is well.

No comments: