Saturday, April 7, 2018

April 7, 2018. Madison, Mississippi. My Hair.

My hair had not been cut since November. I looked ridiculous. In addition, the Ibrance chemo therapy I am taking thins my hair so my already fine hair is not coming out in bunches but rather just gets thinner and thinner. My hair is wimpy and down to my shoulders. Finally, I made an appointment. LeeAnne who cuts my hair was kind enough to have me come at 5:30 on Friday when few people would be in the salon. My immune system is not good so I try to stay away from groups of people who might have an infection. Diane decided to have her hair washed and blown dry. Another person was able to accommodate Diane. So off we went. Lee Anne suggested I let her cut my hair in a bob to just below my ears. As it was already long and I did not have much hair, she thought it would be better than cutting it short which was my intention. And she layered it all around. It took her about five minutes to cut my hair and another two to blow it dry. And again I looked neat and tidy but odd. Diane on the other hand, has long, thick and curly hair. After a long washing, which Diane loves, the lady blew her hair dry. Diane thought she was never going to stop. Usually, Diane blows her hair nearly dry and lets it curl. But the operator was determined to have every hair on Diane's head dry and straight. When she was finished, it did not look like Diane because her hair was perfectly straight. So we went home, Diane with straight hair and me in a peculiar bob hair style. I did wonder if the folks at home would recognize us. But they did.

No comments: