Saturday, April 21, 2018

April 21, 2018. Madison, Mississippi. Changes.

Just when you think everything is in place, the apple cart gets upset. First our Cuban cook moved to Miami so we do not have a cook. But she referred us to another lady who is also Cuban who also loves to cook. Now, every Thursday morning, she cooks and leaves us enough food for the week. She is also a better cook so we have gotten lucky. Elizabeth has been our housekeeper ever since we moved into our home. She is by far the best cleaner we have ever had but now she is no longer able to work. She is young, maybe 35. Two years ago she was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis. Ken and I knew she could not continue her strenuous work. Finally the doctors have told her she must quit work and shut down her business. In addition she checks our house when we are away and drives me on errands when we are in town. But now we must hire another cleaner. Both this week and last she was unable to work. This week she finally applied for disability. And I contacted another company. Actually, I contacted 2 companies. One was referred by our helper April's mother, Foster Cleaning. On Thursday morning I left a message after looking them up on line, but they never called me back until this afternoon. Beverly's Cleaning service is the company I hired. Bev answered her phone and came to meet me on Friday at noon. I liked her so finally my house will get clean. Perhaps I will be just as lucky as I did with the cook. Changes are always good, even though they are irritating. I still do not know whether or not Elizabeth can drive me. We will find out soon because I have an appointment with the Oncologist on Tuesday. More changes to come probably. So here we go.

No comments: