Monday, April 2, 2018

April 2, 2018. Madison, Mississippi. A Busy Day.

Lots of action at our home today. Elizabeth cleans our house. She also drives me to appointments and takes me to run errands. Tomorrow, she will drive me to see my eye doctor, so instead of cleaning Tuesday when she usually cleans, she came today. Now our home is clean and fresh, all ready for Diane, who arrives tomorrow. And our new cook came this morning to talk to me. Lourdes had referred her to me, so she will start work on the 12th, which is a Thursday. We hope she is good. If not, we will order food delivered to our home by the same company Linda C. is using. We were also delighted to have the physical therapist evaluate Ken today. She will come three times a week. As he gains in strength, she will cut it down to two. Her name is Trish and she is cute and young. She will come for her first session tomorrow. Ken is pleased to have a routine. He walks every day with the helper, but he tends to work harder when working with the therapist. And of course, our helper Kendria was with us all day too, helping out with Ken. Fortunately, all the helpers are quiet. I suspect they are trained to stay out of the way when not doing anything with the patient. Most of the time I do not even see them, until Ken calls. Then they come running. So our day was busy which pleases us both. We are making progress slowly but surely.

No comments: