Sunday, April 22, 2018

April 22, 2018. Madison, Mississippi. Rain.

Rain falls often in the Jackson area. We get 52 inches of rain each year, which results in lush foliage and tall trees. Everyone who visits is surprised with the look of the place. No signs of desert here. Where we live is as far removed visually from the ranch as you can possibly be. Yesterday at bedtime, the rains began. It rained all night. At times very hard but of course, I only heard the noise every so often. When I heard the pounding rain I was delighted to be in my cosy bed and pleased not to be sleeping in a tent. I like rainy days. All day today it rained too, finally stopping at 6:00. The day was a nightshirt kind of day. I stayed all day reading and watching TV and wearing my robe. The day was perfect as we had decided not to have lunch with the family. But with heavy rains comes other issues, not always pleasant. Around noon, Kendria was sitting in the living room and heard a drip of water come down right beside her chair. She called me and I in turn called Chantes, our handyman. She and I found a bucket to catch the drips and of course moved the chair. Evidently one of our skylights was leaking. With the wind and abundance of rain, we were dripping into the living room. Not much rain came in but too much for my liking. Tomorrow, Chantes and Michael his son will get up on the roof and fix the leak. But other than leaks, I do enjoy a day and night with heavy rain. Tomorrow I will be ready for sunshine and 75 degrees. No more rain until Thursday.

No comments: