Saturday, March 16, 2019

March 16, 2019. Madison, Mississippi. A Special Dinner.

For Christmas we were given a box of frozen meat. Our friends Joyce and Robbie were thoughtful to give us the delicious meat. Dreisys the cook has been cooking the meat for me but I saved the filets and kept them in the second fridge. Last year, before we could say anything she took two of the filets, cut them in half lengthwise and oooked them well. Christina and I decided to eat the good beef during Spring Break and settled on the evening after the French Coffee Party. But that was too long for the dog to be in the crate so instead of dining at my house, we decided to eat at their home. Christina was always going to be the cook. At my house I had rice and the meat and corn so that was what we ate except Christina used her frozen corn and made the corn fancy. Kate had a previous engagement for dinner which was fortunate because we had four pieces of meat. While Christina cooked, Mary Frances, Molly and I talked and patted the dog Rose. We ate dinner sitting around the coffee table in the room adjacent to the kitchen. The meat, corn and rice were delicious. And for dessert we ate another eclair. Before I left, Kate arrived home from her dinner with friends so joined in the conversation. There is something quite wonderful to sit and talk with your grandchildren and also enjoy a delicious dinner in their home. Everything is so pleasant and relaxing except for poor Christina who did all the cooking. My evening was delightful thanks for good food wonderful family.

No comments: