Friday, March 22, 2019

March 22, 2019. Madison, Mississippi. Cheryl.

Up till now, I have never had a friend who had 7 children. Now I am fortunate to call Cheryl a friend. She and Sebastian have seven children. This morning, she came to have coffee with me. She arrived promptly at 10, looking relaxed and happy. We talked until noon when she needed to go home to prepare lunch for 9. The children are being schooled at home so not only does Cheryl run a household for nine, but she also homes schools the children. I have never seen her out of sorts or weary and I have always wondered why. Today we got to talk about how she manages her time. Cheryl is the sister of our friend Jim Sutherland, who is married to Eleanor. Her Mother is my friend Pam who comes for coffee with me once a month. Her husband Sebastian is the brother of Greta Barbour and Eleanor. Her younger brother lives in Jackson too so all family members are living close by. She has a lot of support, which is one reason she always appears relaxed. She is happy with her task and it shows. The home school association is holding a senior Prom and Cheryl is making a fancy dress for her eldest daughter, who will graduate this year. Once upon a time, Cheryl learned how to make patterns so she and her daughter together will make a pattern and cut and sew the new dress. And have it ready for mid April. She is looking forward to doing it because it is a major challenge. In addition, she will teach the older children to prepare lunch a few times in the week so she will not need to stop the sewing. Cheryl enjoyed the peace and quiet of our coffee together but I appreciated her even more. She is a charming, delightful lady who is pleased with the many hats she wears. Not an ounce of complaining from Cheryl. She was the only person I saw today but she was enough to keep me happy. I feel fortunate that these young ladies indulge me by coming for a cup of coffee with me. I am grateful for them.

No comments: