Monday, March 4, 2019

March 4, 2019. Madison, Mississippi. Walking.

For me, today it was too cold for walking. My teeth ache if I walk when the temperature does not reach 40, so I walked inside the house. I also never walk during a rain because the ground is slick. And walking is difficult when the ground is uneven. In other words, I am a fair weather walker. My favorite thing to do is to walk with a friend. Ken and I had been walking for 63 years. We walked thousands of miles together. For most of the time, Ken had to walk slower then normal so I could keep up but for the past few years, I was slowing down for him. More recently I was unable to walk with him at all because I could not walk slowly enough. I am like a bicycle that must keep moving in order to stay steady. When I get up some speed when walking I look almost normal. These days, I almost always walk by myself here in my neighborhood. When Kashina is working with me, I have her walk with me. It is good for her to walk and she keeps me company. The best places for me to walk are the most boring. The track around the hockey rink in Liverpool was perfect but it was boring. It is level and has a railing. Also the balcony outside the condo in Mexico was perfect for me, but again boring. Again, there is a railing, and the floor is level and smooth. When the weather is warmer, Kashina and I will start walking on the trail adjacent to the Natchez Trace. I can not do it myself because it is isolated but soon we will venture forth to new worlds of walking. Nothing changes in my neighborhood but I am not complaining. The roads are smooth enough and there are no dogs so I am happy to walk every day in my neighborhood. But only on fair weather.

No comments: