Monday, March 25, 2019

March 25, 2019. Madison, Mississippi. March Madness.

Once upon a time, many years ago, our family spent a lot of time and energy on the NCAA basketball tournament, called March Madness. The boys were in high school and played on the varsity basketball team. Ken printed us all the brackets so we could select our winners. We watched as many games as possible. We had great fun. One year, Ken selected his winners by flipping a coin for every game. The rest of us knew the odds for each game and we had favorites. But that year, Ken won. He had more winning games than the rest of us. Not fair we said. Over the years we lost interest. Often we were in Mexico. No tournament on Mexican TV. Last year I did not see a game. But not this year. I have had great sport this past weekend watching the games. I had 4 games on the television at any time. I always cheer for the underdog except for the teams from Mississippi and Maryland. All those teams are out so now I can just cheer for the lower seeds. I was delighted when it appeared that Duke was going to lose. I still don't know where UCF is from. I never watch one whole game. I switch around from game to game. I never watch commercials. I am like the mad clicker sitting by myself in the TV room switching every few minutes. It pays to have a bit of ADD. Now I look forward to the weekend for the Sweet Sixteen games. One problem. I don't think that Wendy and Ken like college basketball and they are coming on Wednesday. It is years since I paid any attention to March Madness but I am paying attention now. And I am enjoying every minute.

No comments: