Thursday, October 31, 2019

October 31, 2019. Madison, Mississippi. Hallowe'en Party.

Greta Barbour and John have a Halloween party every year≥. They invite their friends, relatives and neighbors. Their neighborhood has sidewalks which means it is a perfect place for the kids to go out trick or treating. The party is called a front porch party which for the most part is fine. But tonight it was a chilly 40 degrees. I sat inside. The children all come in costume, as do many adults. It is a splendid kind of party. Hot buttered rum is served which for tonight was perfect. John cooked chicken and sausage gumbo which was delicious. Someone stayed on the porch giving out the goodies while the rest of us stayed in the living room. Even the kids cut down their collection of candy. Halloween is a perfect kind of party and I am pleased that they continue the tradition and that they invite me. Eleanor always makes gingerbread cookies, which are delicious. Christina ate three, they were so good. And I got to chat with almost every person I know in Jackson. This is a great party, enjoyed by both kids and adults. Now I look forward to next years party.

No comments: